Saturday, September 25, 2010

Friendships

So for the last couple of months (actually 3 years) I have been going through these friendship roller coasters. Where I feel that I haven't found the right friends, friends that I can say that they are like family, that I can count on them, that they won't leave me because of popularity or interest. True friends I have found that is so hard to find. Back in my high school days I just to have my group of girl friends that I use to always hang out with; Jennifer, Neca, my cousin Sharon(that was like my friend too) and of course my best friend Taisha ( that even though she didnt hang out with this trio all the time she was still friends with them, she was a grade higher than us). I talked and hung out with others but those were my best friends. I miss them so much! I always felt like myself with them, I didnt feel the need to try with them, I never felt left out. We have tried our best to stay in touch but it hasnt been the same. It has been 7 years since we graduated high school and so much has changed. We are all mothers now, except my cousin Sharon. We have jobs, husbands(boyfriends), and other responsabilities and iterest. Sometimes I wish things were like the old times:( So I'll start talking about my best friend Taisha. She is an amazing woman. We met when we were 14 years old in 99', my mom and her mom worked together and later on her and her mom ended moving to the same apartment complex so we became really close. It was the summer before I went to high school and I was always raised very strict, I was very shy, and very to my self and she was the compleate opposite and I liked her. So we started being friends. We have been through alot together. I have been through the birth of both of her sons, relationship problems, marriage and she has gone through my rebellious stage with my parents, the birth of my daughter, my marriage, and so much more. I can truely say that she has been and is my best friend not only for how long we have been friends but because i know that she will never judge me, she will never tell me how to raise my children, she will love my daughter like if she was hers, take care of her, buy her things, she will never tell me how to be a wife to my husband or how my husband should be with me. She is just simply my friend when I need her she is there and when I dont need her she is still there. I admire her and for the woman that she has became.

"A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24

Ever since I gave my life to God I feel like I have't found some good christians friends that share the same interest like me. I have tried to go out of my way to hang out with people in my church that I think have the same interest as me but haven't had a luck yet. I have had a couple of friends that I click with but its only for a couple of months or a season. I feel that even in a church people go hang out with whoever is cool or popular at that time. I dont think it should be like that. I tought that finding friends in church was going to be easier than finding friends in the world, but I guess not. The friends that I had in the world where more willing to go out their way for me, than the ones I have had the last couple of years. I just wanted girl friends that I can relate too. Women of God, wives, and mothers. Women that are not going to judge me or talk about me behind my back, somone I can trust enough that if Im feeling a certain way I can tell them and they wont tell anyone else. To say the truth I don't have anyone I can trust right now with my deepest feeling. Its like if you tell someone one thing in a week everyone is going to know it. Friends that are just going to be excactly that friends. That are there to listen when you need someone to listen. Not to nessesarly give me advice (although sometimes is needed), not to turn around and talk bad about my husband, not to try to dicipline my child, just to listen, to go and have a girl time, have fun, hold each other acountable for spiritual stuff. Friends that can be like family! I guess I will continue to pray that God will bring me a girl friend(s) that is married, that has a kid(s), that is young like me, and that most of all is a woman of God.

"The righteous should choose his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray." Proverbs 12:26

"The poor man is hated even by his own neighbor, But the rich has many friends." Proverbs 14:20

"A perverse man sows strife, And a whisperer separates the best of friends." Proverbs 16:28


No comments:

Post a Comment