Thursday, October 13, 2011

BABYSITTING!

Before Leilani was born I use to say I will still be able to go out and do things whenever I want. I have babysat for many people, they will surely do that for me! I have my mom, my sister, grandma, cousins, my best friend, and other friends. I will never have a problem finding any one to watch her. Not that I was going to constantly do that, but for date nights or weekend getaways with the hubbs, or even on a night out with friends! Well I was wrong, after I had her I found my self not wanting to leave her anywhere. She was so small and delicate, she was my little gift from God and I had to protect it. So I became very picky. I only starting leaving her on some occasions with my mom, then after three months and I went back to work and between my mom and grandma they would watch her. It wasn't that bad! I had my handful of people that I left her with, My mom being the main person, my sister, my grand ma only when I went to work, and my cousin because she had a daughter that Leilani loved playing with her. Well as time has passed by grandmas house was just not getting to be a good environment for her. My grandma is getting older, not as clean, my grandpa and her fight all the time, my two handicap uncles also live there and require lots of attention, and she was starting to feed her anything she wanted and I was getting tired of having to fight with her on a daily basis. So I took the step and stop ed working full time and only worked 1 day a week (on my moms day off). So that left weekends when I wanted to go out on dates. I still had three other people and I still did and do use my grandma in rare occasions:) I LOVE MY ABUELA! So don't think I don't, is just her ways are well a little different, lol. She is always willing and is there for me and my family! So for the past four years those are the people that I have constantly used for babysitting. And I am so THANKFUL for them! I have been able to trust them in never hurting my daughter, if they have to correct her they correct her in love, spoiling her (maybe a little to much, lol ) and most of all LOVING HER UNCONDITIONALLY! They have truly been a blessing in Leilani's life as well for Eliott and me. We love them!

So now what? Well four years later, almost. I cant believe my my baby is going to be four next month:'( I have came to that point again on this babysitting issue. Where I need to re evaluate who is watching her and to who's house is she going into. And this time is not because I'm just being a picky over protective mother, but now is on a spiritual level. For the past year I have realize that I have to be a gate keeper of my home and of my family. And yes that mean not being able to do certain things, watch certain things, and not even allow to go certain places. And for us the parents that might cause us not to be able to go on a date or hang out with friends because we don't have any where to leave daughter. As much as I can control what comes in and out of this house, I cant control what goes on in other peoples houses. And even though the people above are awesome and I love them. Their houses might not be OK for my daughter to be there alone. I have really been trying to teach Leilani to say something when she is somewhere and the kids of that house are watching something that we don't agree in this house and that she is not allow to watch or play a certain game. But she is still learning! And I know that the blood of Jesus is over her, but the devil is a lie yer and sneaky. So I will continue to pray for Leilani that she can become a strong young lady and love God and not the things of this world. And maybe I can pray that God will send me christian babysitters:)

So what are some ways that you ladies deal with babysitting issues? Any ideas? I still would love to have my date nights with the hubbs!



1 comment:

  1. I completely understand! :) I totally think that we should get some of the women of Church together and do like a babysitting rotation. I once read about it in the book and thought it was a great idea. Basically, we're all on a babysitting rotation where we baysit other's kids once a month. Since we'd be from Church, we should at least feel a little more comfortable with the idea. Aaand most kids are in bed by 8-ish, so if we do it after 8, it's just being in the house while the kids sleep!:D

    ReplyDelete