So last night my wonderful friend Melany ask for some help in her Facebook page on what to do with her baby as far as how to put him to sleep, "should she rock him or let him cry it out?" I had no advice for her since I feel that I'm the worst at advices plus I don't have any other kids so I don't really know how to toggle between two or more kids. But that post reminded me of a long time ago when Leilani was a baby that I was with her at Melany's mother in laws house and Lani was having a hard time going to sleep, she took her to another room and sang and rocked her to sleep and just found out last night that she gave her kisses too, lol =) I so appreciated it back then and it made me think that I have not had any friends be like that with her ever (except you Taty but you are like family ). Of course my family is always willing to do things like that, probably a bit to much. But a friend never! Now I'm not a person that likes just any body to come and grab my daughter and take her, I only have a few friends that I would trust enough to do that, well had; lately I have not have any close friends at all, but anyways! I feel like all the friends that I've had or people that I know right now that are involve in my daughters life are not like that with her. There are not willing to go that extra step for her. Whether is caring her, babysitting, or convincing her that eating an apple is better than eating candy but still giving it to her any ways (with my permission of course, lol), just spoiling her a little. NEVER! I have actually lost friendships because of those reasons. They have thought that I should just say no or do things different. That she is just a kid and she needs to learn. So I feel kind of sad that I don't have any friends that are not going to judge my parenting skills, like in the past. That are going to support me and love my child unconditionally. That are going to understand that children are different and all parents have different parenting ways. I was so happy when I was reading some of the feed backs that some of the moms were giving my friend about her boy. I wish I had friends like that!

Oh, Iris, I know just how you feel. There have been many times that I've felt alone in the world of motherhood. Just know, you're not alone, that's why there are so many mommy bloggers here in cyberspace. Please don't hesitate to call me when you need help. I'm praying for you.
ReplyDelete