Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Titus 2 Moms Group


Well yesterday I went to my first moms group meeting. I decided that nothing was going to stop me from going since I had not gone to the first two meeting and I so need the time away to fellowship with some Godly women. So the title of this meeting was " Being a gate keeper of our homes". It was amazing! It opened my eyes to a lot of things and different areas that I was neglecting as a mother. So many times I get so carried away with the fact that Leilani is so mature and can do so many things on her own that I forget that I still have to watch her and notice everything that she is doing, watching, and listening. I always knew that being a mother was important but I got a whole different perspective of it. Just as Samsons mother had to prepare her body before she conceived, I need to prepare my home for a Godly atmosphere. I need to watch what comes in to my home and what Im allowing my little one to see and do. Even though I didnt agree with some things that the women there said, maybe cause it doesnt apply to me or Im too leanient or God hasnt revealed it to me, I really enjoyed listening to their experiences and example they gave. One thing I really enjoyed was that I didnt feel judged by these mothers. So many times I feel like everyone one judges me on how I dicipline my child. And not nececcerly because of people saying something dirrectly to me but is their actions and the funny indirect comments they say, or what they say to others, like if they knew excacly how to deal with the situation. So I really appriciated that they made me feel like we are all in the same boat. Well I will defenetly now more than ever pray for my little one and for Gods purpuses to come out forth in her.....Thank you God for entrusting me with this great blessing and love my princess!


4 comments:

  1. You have a blog!! I didn't know!! Yay for momma blogs and yay for moms group. You know, at first I didn't understand the real meaning of being a mommy! But the Lord has really taken on a journey n opened my eyes to His desire for me, my babies n home! N he will do the same with you!! So happy there is a moms group now at OHOP :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes girl, I've had it for a while. I just don't post as often. But maybe I will now. You and Nicole have inspire me even more. Thanks for you kind words. And yes I am very happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =) I'm so glad you enjoyed Titus 2! I loved the meeting as well and I got soooo much out of it. Caleb and I have definitely tweaked our standards on media for our little ones. Keep on girly!! =) We're all in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! You're so honest. I love the open/non-judgmental atmosphere at the Titus 2 meetings as well. We are in this together, we are bearing one another's burdens with love.

    ReplyDelete